Smoothies are a great way for your family to eat nutrient dense foods. I love this delicious carrot banana smoothie recipe because the natural sweetness from the fruit means the kids love it, and Greek yogurt makes it creamy and rich, while adding protein.
I used whole milk for my smoothie, but feel free to add coconut milk or any non-dairy milk you like. Use a high powdered blender to make sure there are no chunks and you’ll have a super creamy smoothie, in no time!
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Banana Carrot Smoothie Recipe:
- Beautiful orange color kids love with no added sugars.
- Use any dairy-free milk and yogurt to make this vegan.
- Carrots have beta carotene and vitamin c.
- Filled with dietary fiber and essential nutrients.
- Easy to make.
- Takes minimal ingredients.
👩🍳 How to Make this Carrot Banana Smoothie
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
🪄 Tips and Tricks
- Buy pre-shredded raw carrots to save on time.
- Use a frozen banana to make your smoothie super cold.
- Always use ripe bananas, as that’s when they’re the sweetest.
- Use more milk for a thinner smoothie and less for thicker smoothies.
- Use hemp seeds, hemp hearts or flax seeds in place of chia seeds.
- Use vanilla yogurt or a dairy-free yogurt.
- Use dairy-free milk: almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk or oat milk.
- Add a splash of orange juice or apple juice to make it sweeter.
- Add coconut flakes.
- Customize with different ingredients according to taste preferences.
- Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to add protein.
👝 How to Store Leftovers
Your healthy carrot smoothie is best enjoyed right away. If you have any leftover smoothie, store in an airtight container in the fridge and stir well before enjoying.
🤔 Common Questions
If you want a creamy smoothie but not too thick, adjust the amount of milk you add. Use ice cubes to thin your smoothie and make it cold at the same time.
Carrot Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).