Chicken, Mushroom and Gruyere Egg Muffins
Suitable for Babies 6 Months Old+
This is a protein-packed delicious recipe for babies, toddlers and adults alike! I’m sure of it that the whole fam will enjoy. Because who doesn’t LOVE gruyere? It’s one of my fave cheeses out there and I love how it tastes in this recipe.
I make a dozen and keep half in a glass container in fridge for the week and freeze the other half in a freezer-safe bag for up to three months.
To reheat, you can put it in an air fryer for 1 minute, in microwave for 20 – 30 seconds, or in a pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes until warm.
Chicken, Mushroom And Gruyere Egg Muffins
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom roughly chopped
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk I used whole milk but you can use whatever milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup gruyere shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat pan over medium high and add half of the olive oil, ground chicken, and black pepper. Cook until done then set aside on a plate, about 3- 5 minutes.
- Using the same pan, add the rest of the olive oil, onion and shiitake mushrooms and stir over medium heat until onions are translucent. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl and add milk then stir.
- Spray nonstick cooking oil to muffin baking pan.
- Disperse chicken, onion and shiitake mushrooms evenly into each muffin mold.
- Gently pour whisked egg to fully cover ingredients in each mold (but not all the way to top). Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Check middle of muffin with toothpick to check to see it’s fully cooked. Enjoy!