I am obsessed with this baby and toddler friendly recipe that your entire family will love! I had it for dinner two nights in a row- one night with ground turkey and the next night with grilled chicken. It is so versatile, EASY, has veggies, and reheats so well.
You could easily make a big batch and freeze in cup portions for up to 3 months. To reheat, I add a little milk in a small saucepan with the couscous to reheat or if you’re in a time crunch, microwave for 1 minute.
I used sweet potatoes and cauliflower as my veggies in this recipe but you could easily swap out for one of your faves! I will say that sweet potato and cauliflower both have a very versatile taste so it would go well with any protein.
- 1 cup couscous
- 10 ounce bag of riced veggies cooked (I use a frozen bag of cauliflower and sweet potato by the brand Green Giant)
- 1/4 cup milk could use whole milk or any other kind of milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp Little Palates Herb Garden Spice by Primal Palate
- Cook a cup of couscous according to directions on packaging.
- When couscous is done, lower the heat to a simmer and add the cooked veggies, milk, spices and cheese. Stir to combine well.
- Stir for about 1 to 2 minutes until cheese has completely melted and everything looks very creamy.