Salmon Croquettes for Babies and Toddlers
If you’re into simple, delicious and a filling meal that can be served breakfast, lunch or dinner- this is it! Great idea for leftover mashed potatoes and you can swap out the salmon for any protein! I made a bunch to freeze as well so my future self will thank me. Got the Eller stamp of approval this morning!
- 4 medium russet potatoes peeled and chopped into 2 inch cubes
- 1 lb wild caught salmon cooked
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- Heat a large pot of water to boil and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set potatoes in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes until there are no chunks.
- Add the cooked salmon, cheese, and parsley to bowl with mashed potatoes and mix until combined.
- Take a small handful- should fit inside your palm- and form into croquettes. (You may form them into any shape you like! I did longer finger length)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Put breadcrumbs in a separate dish and set next to bowl with egg wash.
- Dip croquette in egg wash then roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat until all croquettes are covered in breadcrumbs.
- Add oil in large pan over medium high heat. Watch until you see oil bubble then gently place croquette in pan.
- Cook on each side until it’s lightly brown (about 1-2 minutes) until all sides are golden and crispy. Don’t overcrowd and cook in batches.
- Set aside on plate once done and let cool before serving!