Suitable for 9 months +
I don’t serve shrimp to my 13 month old that often but when I do, this is the recipe I use! It has a nice easy-to-grab-shape for their little hands but also easy to bite and break apart when chewing.
Store in a glass container for up to 3 days in fridge and reheat in a pan with some olive oil for no longer than a minute just to warm it up a little!
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Roughly chop the shrimp into small pieces and add to medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except avocado oil, to the same bowl then mix with spoon.
- Form shrimp mixture into 2 inch balls then flatten sides to create patty-like shape.
- Add avocado oil to large pan or medium-high heat and let pan get hot.
- Once oil is bubbling, lower heat to medium and add shrimp cakes to pan. Cook on one side for 2 minutes then flip. Cook for another minute or until shrimp is no longer translucent.